Takeaways from the course:
- To review the concept of persistent cardiovascular risk in high-risk patients on statin therapy
- Statin agents I used to reduce cardiovascular risk, however, the concept of whether there is a persistent residual risk beyond LDL lowering would be explored.
- To explore the role of serum triglycerides as a marker of risk
- Typically, LDL cholesterol is using a marker of assessing cardiovascular risk. His presentation explores whether serum triglycerides also serve as a marker for cardiovascular risk.
- To discuss the practical applications of icosapent ethyl for CV risk reduction